Congratulations! You’ve made a great choice! Cherry Walls decals are original, safe for your home and they can be removed from the wall at any time! We are proud to say that our decals are made in USA and we are using only the top quality materials for our decals. Every decal is made to order, so every sticker is fresh and always top quality!
Please contact us with any questions or comments using a form on Contact us page
Cherry Walls Decals application instructions
• Surface and decal prep
- Wall decal consists of 3 layers. On one side there is a white backing paper. On the other there’s the transfer or application tape (transparent or semi-transparent). In between these two there’s actual vinyl decal.
- Unroll your Cherry Walls vinyl decal. Lay it on the floor or any other flat surface and rub firmly over the decal with a squeegee to ensure the design is well adhered to the application tape. This step is only to make sure the design is adhered to the transparent application tape, do not try to get rid of any wrinkles that may appear in places where there’s no vinyl.
- If necessary clean the wall with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. Decal will not stick to heavily textured, freshly painted (less than 3 weeks), dirty, stained or wet walls. Use the test decal first on the wall before you apply the main decal.
- To apply vinyl wall decal you may need to cut out the individual pieces of your set if they come together on one sheet and they are meant to be applied separately.
- If the surface to which you are applying is colder than 50°F, use a hair dryer to warm it up.
Take some time to layout your entire design before applying your Cherry Walls decals. Use regular masking tape to hold individual pieces in place. This way you are making sure everything is where you want it before you start applying wall graphic.
1. When ready to apply make sure the decal is level.
2. Apply masking tape across the top of the decal you’re working with, making a 'hinge' with the wall. (Put a strip of masking tape across the decal 10-15” below the top instead, if your decal is large).
3. Lift the decal up and peel the white paper backing off the decal. (On very large decals peel off only 10” to 15” from the top and fold that backing paper or cut it off).
4. Using squeegee, work from the center to the edge, than return to the center and work to the opposite edge. Firmly rub the entire decal, paying extra attention to the edges of each object and especially places where there are fine lines and small details. On textured surfaces rub very firmly!
5. If you still have any backing paper left you can peel it off and repeat the previous step.
6. Carefully peel off the sticky top layer (application tape) to reveal your graphic by starting from a corner and slowly peeling back tape at a 180° angle (parallel to the wall). Make sure your graphic stays on the wall as you’re slowly removing the tape.
7. When the entire graphic has been applied to the wall, re-squeegee the edges of the graphic to ensure a good bond.
8. Apply large decals in the order they are numbered.
If at some point later you decide to remove your decal, you will just have to gently peel it off by hand. The CherryWalls decal won't leave any glue residue. If the surface seems to be fragile and you are afraid to damage it, you may heat up your vinyl decal slightly with a blow dryer, it will help significantly to peel the decal off the wall.
That’s it. If you’ve been patient and followed the application tips, you have successfully applied your vinyl decal. Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions. We will also be happy to give you an advice if you need one for any specific application.